In the midst of Quarantine 2020, I’m finding it helpful to focus on all of the happy little joys in life. Here are a few of the things I’m amusing myself with right now:
- Monk – the tv show Monk is a detective show about a germaphobe. What could be more appropriate during quarantine? I never watched it when it aired, but my family and I decided to try something we’d never seen instead of an old favorite. Gotta be exposed to SOMETHING new, right? It’s adorable and free on Amazon Prime.
- Reading “Lord of the Rings” – This is where I’m enjoying an old favorite, rereading my favorite book of all time. It’s comforting… and the story is just so beautiful. I’m halfway through the Fellowship of the Ring now.
- Fitness Blender – They produce online workout programs. You can find their videos for free on YouTube, but I just purchased one of their month long plans and I’m loving it! Their website is really user friendly, too! The one I’m doing is their new Low Impact program (I hate anything resembling a burpee).
- Anything Capsule Wardrobe – I’m a tad obsessed. Maybe in order to feel in control of something, I’m trying to gain control over my closet. At the moment, I can’t get enough of wardrobe planning, closet organizing, personal style developing-type videos!
- Listening to vinyl – I received a record player for Christmas last year, and I’ve been carefully, slowly building my collection. There’s Nat King Cole, Aretha Franklin, Cat Stevens, the Beatles (of course), the Beach Boys, and (out of left field) a vintage copy of the soundtrack to Star Wars: A New Hope.
What little things are you finding to enjoy during this season?